When the world pushes up against us, it can penetrate our defenses and leave us defenseless, or with unmanageable boundaries and leaks inside and out. What are boundaries? How do boundaries relate to empathy and what do we need to fix them?
This is part of a series of podcasts leading up to a capstone on System Trust Issues. And this will also tie in to a later episode on Cording & Decording.
Trigger warning: Panic attack, crowded subway car. Mentions of anger, emotional manipulation and blackmail. Someone theoretically punching a wall. This is a high-level theoretical episode and should not be specifically triggering, but you still may not want to be operating machinery while listening to it and of course anything can be triggering to someone with a history of abuse. It's always possible others in your head are interested, so a little tip: Listen with the intent for everyone in your system to be able to hear it too: put it on an internal loudspeaker, so that they don't need to front to hear.
- episode transcript New
- As Inside, So Outside (and vice versa) (010) New - the boundary between internal and external reality
- How to Re-Associate with Your Body (007) New - the boundary between ourselves and our body
- Trigger Topics: Conformity (004) New - our social boundaries
- Welcome to DID: We Are Not Your Enemy (009) New - inappropriate internal boundaries
- Getting a Feel for Empathy
- United Front Boot Camp: Barbed Wire or White Picket Fence?
- United Front Boot Camp: Home Renovations: Intercom or Holodeck?
- United Front Boot Camp: What are you letting in?
- United Front Boot Camp (blog)]
- The Crissing Link Series (books) New
- United Front (the book) New
- United Front (ebook, in progress) http://leanpub.com/unitedfront
The contents of this podcast are meant for informational purposes only. This podcast is meant only for adults, and listener discretion is strongly advised. By no means are the contents of this podcast series intended to diagnose any illness or replace the treatment or therapy of persons in need. Please seek professional assistance if you are in distress in any way.
Music and intro vocals by The Crisses, created in Garageband. All contents © Criss Ittermann. Permission to share. And share again.
The production of this podcast is community supported. Please help contribute, and learn more about what we have to offer at https://www.patreon.com/crisses
To subscribe to our podcast, please see our page on Podbean.com.